Baked Garlic Butter Salmon Recipe: A Must-Try
Lately, we have been eating a lot of meat. So I decided to cook something different. It should be something that my choosy son, Zach, could and would eat.
Since it is a holiday here in Japan today (the Autumn Equinox Day), I had time to cook. I decided to have fish with lots of vegetables for lunch. I went through my recipe notebook and I saw my Baked Salmon Recipe.
I found this recipe while browsing the internet last April. We were quarantined at home due to the State of Emergency that was declared in Japan. I was then looking for a new recipe to try because I was so bored at home that all I did at that time was cook/bake, eat, watch TV, sleep, and repeat. Although the recipe was a total success when I gave it a try, I completely forgot about it and I even forgot to share it here in my blog…sorry!
Anyway, the original recipe had only broccoli as the side veggie. I love veggies so I put all the veggies which I think would go well with the salmon: broccoli, asparagus, and green beans. I would have put some potatoes but I was worried that they might not cook well because the salmon fillets need less time in the oven. Perhaps next time, I will find a way to add those potatoes in.
Well, enough with the chitchat! Here is one recipe that is healthy and oh so yummy! We finished everything in just one sitting! I’m sure your family will love it as much as we do. Happy cooking!
Baked Garlic Butter Salmon
- 5-6 pcs salmon fillets
- broccoli florets
- green beans
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 pc lemon, halved
- dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Cover the pan with oven paper. You can also grease the pan with cooking spray but I prefer using the oven paper because it’s less messy and it’s easier to clean.
- Arrange the vegetables and salmon fillets on prepared pan
- Rub minced garlic over each fillet then set aside
- In a mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, oregano, thyme, and rosemary
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon and veggies
- Take half of a lemon and squeeze lemon juice over everything
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork
- Serve with lemon slices
You must be logged in to post a comment.